- This event has passed.
SHTF Intelligence Course – Orlando, FL
March 11 - March 12
- how to provide intelligence support to a neighborhood watch program, preparedness group, or security team
- intelligence gathering techniques to identify and understand local threats and vulnerabilities
- how to use the Intelligence Cycle to gather, analyze, and produce threat intelligence
- how to map events to identify trends and produce early warning of threats
In this course, we cover how to gather different types of intelligence information, including:
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT)
- Human Intelligence (HUMINT)
- Imagery Intelligence (IMINT)
- Signals Intelligence (SIGINT)
- And we also cover a bit of MASINT and TECHINT
During this course, you will practice the basics of intelligence gathering and learn how to produce threat and area assessments. Then you’ll put these skills to work in individual or team-based practical exercises built around current crime and gangs, cartel and drug activity, cyber attacks, natural disasters, potential martial law, civil disturbances, and even more deadly situations.
You’ll also begin preparing a local Area Assessment of your neighborhood and surrounding area, and identify very specific ways of gathering real-world intelligence on local threats during an emergency or disaster scenario.
Day One (Saturday, 11 MAR) – The Intelligence Cycle, Intelligence Gathering & Threat Analysis
Day Two (Sunday, 12 MAR) – Intelligence Preparation of the Community & Area Studies